Display Monetization Group, Microsoft Advertising
The Display Monetization Group is accountable for improving the yield of Microsoft’s online Display advertising offerings across our owned & operated properties (MSN, Windows Live and so on) and the Microsoft Media Network. A core function within the team is Yield Business Intelligence – providing data and reporting to internal stakeholders within the Advertiser & Publisher Solutions (APS) BG, to the rest of the Online Services Division, and to the rest of Microsoft, including the Consumer & Online (C&O) field organization. This intelligence enables those stakeholders to make highly impactful decisions about pricing and go-to-market strategies that enable Microsoft to compete and win in the Display Advertising marketplace.
We are seeking a senior Product Manager/Planner to lead a team to drive the planning & product management of key components of the Yield BI portfolio focused around report design, automation and delivery. This individual will be responsible for creating technology that will bring this data to a much wider internal audience in a structured and easy-to-understand manner. They will interact broadly across the organization, working regularly with program managers, business managers, ad platform product managers, field sales, advertiser/publisher business development, vendors, and other teams on a global basis.
As well as creating great internal reporting systems, this individual will act as an evangelist on key BI topics such as data quality, consistency, and best-practice use of data.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualities:
- A passion for data and the uses that can be made of it
- Real-world experience of the challenges of putting data into users’ hands
- Experience & expertise in building reporting/dashboard systems (ideally web-based)
- The desire to work in a fast-moving environment, working with product cycles of weeks or months rather than years
- Experience iterating towards a final solution
- Strong communications & product management skills (positioning, branding and so on)
- Strong interpersonal/influencing skills
- Experience/knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Understanding of financial reporting
- A good understanding of the major architectural components of a BI system
- Ownership of reporting/dashboard automation initiatives and prioritization
- Definition of product vision & strategy
- Definition of product success metrics
- Management of ongoing product roadmap
- Liaison with user community to capture requirements
- Creation of Business Requirement Documents (BRDs)
- Execution of feature prioritization/triage with Engineering partners
- Management of vendor budget & funding requests
- Creation & execution of internal GTM plans (alpha/beta/launch)
- Management of ongoing internal communications activities
- Support of product rollout including training
- Operational process leadership/support
- Coordination with Business Development, media buyers, Sales, support/ops teams, etc.
- Participation in division-wide initiatives around BI & data quality
- 8+ years in software product planning, product management, product marketing, program management or engineering, ideally for a reporting/BI offering – with 3+ years spent in product management or program management roles, and 12 months or more in a people-management role.
- 4 year degree in engineering discipline, math, economics, statistics, or business degree. MBA a plus.
- Database/OLAP experience highly desirable
To apply for this job, or to request more information, please click here.